02 December 2005

A Common Cold

Common my arse! (pardon my french Mum)

Molly is slowly recovering from her first real cold, and there really has been nothing common about it! To be totally honest, it's been nothing short of a massive endurance test! The last four nights have been torturously long and kind of scary. Yes, yes, I know it's just a cold but when she's struggling to breathe through her nose and rasping away like a little old man 'cause her throat is so sore, and screaming at me like I should be able to fix it... well let's just say I'm surprised there's any of this rapidly greying hair left in my head!!

We'd almost established a one-feed-a-night routine, and even had the occasional sleep-through, which is great (I know for some at this age I should be refusing to even enter her room after bedtime, but, each to his own - wouldn't it be boring if we all thought/did the same?). But for the past week all she's wanted to do is cuddle - lovely - and feed - ouch! - it's a rude shock to the system and I feel like I did when she was newborn. My appetite has gone through the roof again, and I must admit to thinking how wonderful it was to be eating sooo much and knowing it was gone before it even had time to think about forming into fat and attaching anywhere unsightly! I wonder if I can book in another cold for just after Christmas time?

So, we had a quick visit to the Docs to check her wee ears, she seemed to be rubbing them and I was concerned she may have a little ear infection, she doesn't, but hey, better to be safe. Anyway, I learned that the average baby will have 6-8 colds in her first year, woo hoo! can't wait for the next one...

All I can say is it's a good job she's so damn cute in the morning!

2 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Poor Milly Molly, here at casa Langdon we had a similar time of it. Ella had a temp all weekend and once again used my boobs for a chew toy, Thankfully she slept through last night. I unfortunately I did not have that luxury with boobs the size of basket balls and leaking like six week mother. I do not miss those days......much

8:22 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Oh hun! I'm so glad it's not just me, last night my left boob exploded quietly while we slept, all over clean pyjamas, duvet cover, and relatively clean hubby - woo hoo!!

11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home