07 December 2005

Tis the Season...

So, we dragged out all the Christmas trimmings and shook the tree for about twenty minutes, just in case - you can never be too careful with sleeping spiders! but all I managed to actually decorate was Molly... she didn't like it, can you tell? and since Saturday the boxes have been sitting in the corner of the living room taunting me.

I know I should just get on and do it, I have a pile of Christmas presents on the coffee table (all for Molly, of course) and nowhere to put them, but it's the whole Southern hemisphere, summertime Christmas that's throwing me, again!

Today I'm doing fine and considering a mad dash to the mall to shop like crazy as soon as Molly wakes up, this is because it's raining and miserable, and I come from the land of damp, miserable and foggy Christmases (is that how you spell it? it is now) so this works for me and feels right! But come tomorrow, the sun will be shining again and I will feel like a complete loon for even considering putting the tree up! Now can you see why only Molly has been decorated so far....

The weirdest thing is that Molly will think that Christmas in the sun is the most normal thing in the world and she'll think we're strange because we reminisce about white Christmases, black outs, freezing pipes, colds, darkness, rain storms, I could go on, but I've just realised that we are strange and that I really don't want to go back to Christmas 'up North', bring on the sun! And let's go Christmas shopping!

2 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Hey you, I hope your tree is up and Molly is keeping you busy trying rape and pillage the poor ole christmas tree. Mind you, cover the tree in tinsel and judging by the photo all will be safe!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I know! you'd think she was smothered in prickly cow dung or something equally hideous by the look on her face, not lovely sparkly tinsel... oh well, next post I'll put a pic of her in the antlers - what a cutey! as is your bubs, I still say this should be your christmas card.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home