10 November 2007

November! Already?!

Really, how did that happen! It's been three months since my last blog entry... three months! and an awful lot can happen in three months... that's the reason I haven't really been thinking about blogging, too much to say and not even sure how to start to be honest. So a brief catch up and then we'll carry on as normal eh?

I wasn't sure whether to write this down or not, but you know this is supposed to be a journal of Molly's life and times and this was a major event within that so, horrible though it is, it's happened and it's in.

In September one of Molly's little friends Emily passed away. No one knows why, and I guess the official verdict will be SIDS, and I don't suppose it really matters how or why. It's one of the singularly saddest things in the world when a child dies. She was only two, a cute little button of a kid, who only two weeks before she died was racing around the park with Molly and her big brother full of the joys of Spring.

She will be sadly missed by everyone that knew her. My heart lurches every time I see her Mum, what to say, how to act... she is doing as well as can be expected and wants Molly to play with her wee boy whenever we get the chance. We both cried the first time she inadvertantly called Molly Emily, how can you ever get over this kind of tragedy?

It made me (and everyone else I know) hold on just a little bit tighter to their children and think that little bit harder about the truly important things in life. I could go on and on about how I feel, but I know that practically everyone reading this is a parent, so I don't need too.

I'm going to stop now, have a cup of tea - I'm British after all - back in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home