12 March 2008

That sinking feeling...

I just dropped Molly at PreSchool and now I feel like the worse mother in the world. On the drive there she alternately cried and whined that we should turn around and go home, while also telling me she would check the caterpillars and play with the mice, etc., while she waited to come home with me again!

When we got there she clung to me for 30 seconds then ran off and did something more fun before coming back and clamping back on... Eventually (felt like forever, but maybe only 10 minutes later) the supervisor came over and shooed me away. 'Let's start as we mean to go on shall we, straight home Mum', I was dismissed. Molly was whisked away to the swings, screaming! Oh my God! Of course by the time I got to the car, the screaming had stopped and she was fine again, and must still be because I'm sat here by the phone and it hasn't rung - I even took it with me when I put the laundry out... sad eh?!

But tell me this, it get's better right? You don't constantly walk around feeling like crap because you've 'abandoned' your child do you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home