17 December 2005

Social Whirl

I used to think that stay-at-home-mums/housewives/domestic technicians (or whatever the hell we're called now) were maybe exaggerating when they talked about their child's social engagements, but, my god! Molly is barely 6 months old and her calendar is crammed to capacity with Christmas parties, play dates and general baby fun! Admittedly, there are a few 'meetings' for Mummy (essential coffee and cake sessions with girlfriends and the like), but really, my week has been taken up with carting Molly from place to place in pretty dresses galore for festive get togethers. And, OK, I'll admit, I love it!

I'm beginning to see the truth. Christmas is not in fact for us adults - although of course it is the best excuse to over-indulge that I can think of, off the top of my head that is (give me a minute and I can always think of a reason) - it is all about the kids, even when those children have no idea what all the fuss is about, i.e., Moomer. Oh yes, she loves the twinkly lights, and all that crinkly wrapping paper, but is so far showing no real concern for the baby Jesus' birthday, ha ha!

Tomorrow night, we're taking her to a Carol Concert (don't panic, it's at the pub not the Church. Yes, hubby has changed, but not beyond all recognition!) and I know she's gonna go nuts! She loves singing and music of any kind - even Mummy's tone deaf efforts! So that should be fun!

And, on Monday we're going to see Santa at PlayCentre - woo hoo!! I'll post the photo as soon as I have one.
PS. Have already cleared this with hubby, if this Santa photo is no good we'll go to Bally's and get a posh one done - this will be our present to each other (too skint for real gifts!) all together now aaaaaah!

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Ella loved Santa, I guess she was happy to see another well rounded soul. No social whirl for Ella, I am so over it and endanger of becoming a hermit by day. But will be out in actual adult company for most of the week, Yahoo

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home