05 November 2008

I don't do politics, but...

(I mean on this blog! In my real non-mummy life I do). But, since I feel like this is a big deal in Molly's life (and mine, maybe everyones), I just want to say how happy we are that Obama won!

I grew up in a country where it was completely normal for there to be a woman Prime Minister, I even remember discussing how weird it was when a man was elected! Molly is in the same situation here in NZ - for now...

But for a black man to be President of the USA, that feels like such a massive step forward for America and subsequently the world. Whether we like it or not they are the leaders of the free world, and this can only be a good thing. Aside from the politics thing - how could the Republicans possibly win another term after their disastrous last 8 years, OMG doesn't even bare thinking about!

Anyway, I just think as a kid I knew I could be whatever I wanted to be, simply because as a little girl I saw a big girl who appeared to be in charge. I guess it was empowering for me, definitely a good life lesson. Just think what Obama being the boss could/should do for us all - equality for all, for real. Awesome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home