28 July 2008

Why Mummy?

OK, I knew it was coming, I knew it was inevitable in fact, but OH MY GOD!

Molly is currently running at about 423 'why' questions per day, and the number is increasing - probably as I type (thank God for preschool, someone else can field those questions for 4 blessed hours!).

How long does this last? anyone? words of advice, please...

We watched Shrek (Molly's current fave movie, she will often only respond when addressed as Princess Fiona, and has told me that she will be marrying Shrek as soon as she finds the perfect dress, her party dress is good, but not quite right...) for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and I don't think I heard a single word of the dialogue, it was drowned out by Molly's incessent why's, who's that? what happened? what did he say? why? why? I swear, I needed to lie down after it had finished, I was totally drained, now I thought I could talk, but this kid runs rings around me!

Good job she's so damn cute, and seems to kind of get when Mummy's had enough. Often stopping mid query to kiss me and say I love you before running off for a bit so I can quietly pass out on the couch... love her!

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Nope, really wrong gal to talk to, as imagine if you will, adding another child into that mix! Yes, gasp, I know.........stuff of horror flicks mate!

Ella has moved on from question time to argue time, I bet you cannot wait for that one.

I am just thankful Pops cannot string more than four words together!

Yes I do loose my rag, quite unresonably and in the most uptight and bitchy manner.

I cope by trying my best and ignore the times when Poppy will argue that a Plum is an apple or they sky is pink. I also need to bite my tongue when Ella asks to do something and when I say NO she retorts the most innocent of "Ok I will wait until you have gone then"

But then there are those other times when it is just plain funny and all you can do is marvel at how their brain works.

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home