17 January 2009

The new house

It's so purdy! Well, I think it is. I love that Art Deco look, and amazingly, all the light switches, fittings and door handles, etc., are all original. So now I just need to win the arguement with hubby about modernising everything and keeping it in period - well, as much as we can you know.

The sleep out at the back was originally a bach on this section and then the family decided to stay and built the house bit by bit through the 40's and 50's. This is the first time anyone outside the family has owned it. Feels like buying a car from 'one careful owner'. Daft I know, but I think it is going to be a great family home for us. Come and see us, tell me what you think!

But, give us a wee while, the entire house (inside and out) needs decorating and the kitchen is an ant infested wreck. The fruit trees and veggie patch are a gardeners dream, but I'm no gardener and have no idea where to start - apart from picking and eating, but hey, that is a start right! But this will be a labour of love. I see us living here for a long, long time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home