13 May 2006

First party invitation

I guess this is the first in a long line of birthday party invitations and if the other mums are to be believed eventually I will begin to dread the steady stream of invites to parties that will inevitably come as Molly gets older.

But today was her first, and she had the best fun, so I'm sceptical as to how soon I will start to loathe them. Maybe it's not the parties themselves but the presents and what-not that go hand-in-hand with the invites, who knows?!

From 2.00-4.00 this afternoon, Molly ran wild with about 25 other kids, as per normal she's one of the youngest mobile ones. Subsequently she's the one that comes in last and is the most exhausted, it's pretty hardwork chasing a pack of two year olds when your not even one yet and you have to do it on your knees!! But she won't give up and does it all with a great big smile on her face, so cute. Every now and then she checks in with me, am I still watching, do I need a cuddle at all, that kind of thing.

She ate a whole load of hot chips, an ice cream (until she got bored with it and dumped it on the floor. Not before she coated her entire lower face with it though, from nose to chin, white, excellent - unfortunately I forgot our camera), and a fairly large piece of chocolate birthday cake. OK, I'll admit it's not exactly the kind of nutritious meal we try to encourage her to eat, but my goodness did she enjoy it! And as for the sugar rush, well, let's just say it was a goodie! Much laughter, much dancing and a very quick slump into bed this evening. Woo hoo!

Can't wait for the next invite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home