15 July 2006

Porpoises in Purau

Molly and I went for a walk on Purau beach yesterday, well, I walked and Molly rode along in the back pack (such a great addition to our baby paraphenalia!). We were making the most of some gorgeous winter sunshine, cold but just lovely. I must admit after getting her hoisted up on my back and walking for five minutes I couldn't feel the cold at all. Talk about a workout, 30 minutes with a 12kg pack is better then an hour at the gym!

We were having fun shouting at a flock of Canada Geese that swooped in as we arrived (OK, I'll admit it was Molly that started it but there was no one else there so I joined in too!), and then I spotted what I thought was a couple of seals out in the bay, I didn't have my glasses on so I wasn't sure. We carried on walking and the 'seals' came a little closer and turned out to be a couple Hectors Dolphins (I think). How cool is that! Well Molly seemed wholly unimpressed - and was actually more interested in pulling the clip out of my hair (the only downside to the back pack is that she has full access to my hair and I have very little control over her hands!!) but I was very chuffed to see them. They played around for five minutes or so and then dissappeared.

And yes I know Hectors are not officially porpoises, but they look ever so similar and it made for a better title.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home