30 June 2006

Cheers Drive!

There are things that I'd missed about 'home' that really surprised me.

When we lived in Bristol I really wasn't a big fan of the accent. A gentle West Country lilt is fine, but the big, brash and ever so slightly common sounding (sorry) Bristolian one just grated on my nerves and set my teeth on edge - even though mine was as bad as any others I guess.

But being back for such a short time I really listened to it, and I really liked it. On a shopping trip (don't even get me started on this one... I miss the shopping too!) with my sister we stood in a queue for a couple of days (I don't miss that!) and I couldn't stop grinning. You Kiwi's are right, we do indeed sound like a bunch of pirates and I love it! All together now... ooooarrrrrr! gert lush to see y'all my babbers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home