31 July 2006

This month I will mostly be...

Taking things out that were in, and putting things in that were out, I will stack, post and organise as many of my toys as I can as quickly as I can, or as slowly as I want (if Mummy's in a hurry) - this is Molly's new mantra.

How cool is that!? It feels like she's moved onto a whole new level of play. Thanks so much to dear Cathie and Mum for the great toys that she's just grown into. She just loves her peg board, stacking rings and musical house - although of course the house drives me insane, it's not just the noise (really!), but she has only just learned to open the door herself so after 6 or 7 opens and empties in a row... sometimes the house just disappears, how peculiar!!! I've tried to tell her it's OK to post them in with the door open, but no Mummy it's not OK!! Wonder where she gets that door problem from?

Cooking is her most recent passion - as you can see from the pic (and yes I know she looks a tad cross with me, but I'm going to say this is her concentrating face!), she loves to bash her pots and pans in the kitchen, and after watching me whisk some eggs for lunch she had to have that as her best bashing tool.

She's so funny to watch now, toddling about with a really determined look on her face, organising everything. She even does it in the bath, lining up all her ducks and toys along the edge of the bath, very cute.

She's also started to 'help' me with the laundry, taking things off the airer (we haven't mastered putting them on yet) and emptying the laundry basket for me - such a good girl, so what if I don't necessarily want to do laundry 4 times a day eh?

I even persuaded her to put all her toys away in the toybox the other day... unfortunately it seems that was a one off and ever since she's completely gone off that idea... bugger!

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Just remember your lovely home will look like this for about the next five years. The sooner you become at ease with the above statement the less chance of Kris coming home to find you hiding in the corner, muttering arse and dribbling on your T shirt

We now have an enormous storage box(fully lockable) that I can quickly biff things into before Jase gets in and also to limit angels access to toys so as not to completely trash all rooms and to keep toys fresh and interesting!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home