17 March 2007

Old friends, best friends

Monday this week was so much for Molly, and me! We were visited by friends who used to live locally but have now moved 'up North' to sunnier lands. It was so great to see them and to finally meet their newest addition to the family, a beautiful baby girl. She's four months old, and just perfect. OK, I'll admit to being a tad broody again... it'll pass.

But aside from all the catching up and cuddling, the best bit of the day was watching out two wee toddlers (there is only three months difference in their age) playing together and seeming to really enjoy each others company.

They always did get along just fine. I recall one time whilst visiting at their place, we suddenly realised they had gone ever so quiet. We crept into Ella's room to see what was going on and found them snuggled up on a bean bag together reading a book. How gorgeous is that!

Anyway, this time they are both a lot more confident on their pins and spent the entire day racing around, giggling and squealing - as soon as I get the pics I'll post some - as long as Ella doesn't object.

They sat and ate their lunch together - just like their mummies used to. So cute.

It was all over far too soon and made me realise just how much I miss my buddies (you know who you are), and wish that these get togethers could be much, much more frequent. We had a coffee for our beloved desert flower and tried to pretend she was here too. We miss you heaps hon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home