11 January 2007

Fun in the sun

OK, so it's not actually sunny at the moment, but crikey is it hot! It feels humid and sticky and not altogether comfortable, but I'm not complaining for one minute.

We've been waiting and waiting for summer to arrive and so a couple of overcast days are not going to get me down. It's warm enough to consider the beach (if Molly wasn't passed out from this mornings fun and games - coffee group, paddling pool, sand pit, all just too too much excitement. But I hope we got a really nice group photo of them all, I'll publish it as soon as I get it), so maybe when she wakes up... if it doesn't rain before then.

This weekend we went swimming at Purau, it was so much fun. Molly was having a whale of a time. After about half an hour she was coated from head to foot in muddy sand, but she didn't care one bit. She was in and out of the water for about 2 hours, being a frog and chasing after her Daddy (I don't know who was having more fun really).

She made friends with a couple of bigger kids, which was just gorgeous to watch. She's such a little chatterbox, she was nattering away and they just kept on listening and nodding (not that they understood a word she said), and then they'd run in the sea and fill up there bucket and she'd be chasing after them, trying to help, picking up shells for their approval and whatnot, soooo cute.

Best of all, she was exhausted and slept all night, like a log. Even those bloody teeth didn't wake her up, woo hoo! No lie-in though... bugger.

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Well hello there,
Today I went to the library and got some quitling books and now am brimming with inspiration.

However I do have a couple of ideas and they are not what you would call classic but definately something I would love for me, as per usual over ambitious, may be great, may be crap and who knpws when I will start as it is still in the development phase, very excited.

Man I cannot wait to see Molly as she seems a real laugh.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home