02 January 2007

New Year, New Me!

I actually heard myself say this the other day... shudder!

We had a couple of really nice days up in Hanmer Springs (as per normal, Molly got sick there - well, if it's not her it's me - so we've decided that that was the last time we are staying at The Press's house up there, this is too many times to be coincidental, could be the water, sould be the mice, who knows, but we're not doing it again). This pic was taken at Molesworth Station, it's awesome there, several hundred kms of nothing and no one, perfect.

Anyway, the whole 'new me' thing was bought on by desperation and exhaustion, ha ha. New Years resolutions are not really my thing. We don't really do new year in our house. Last year was the first time in forever that we did anything, and that was all on the proviso that we didn't actually talk about New Year at all, it was great.

This year I saw in the New Year with my husband sleeping on the couch and my daughter screaming in my bed - rock n roll eh?! So, as I was lying there waiting for the screaming to stop and for my arm to go completely dead underneath her, I planned my resolutions. On waking this morning, Molly is feeling much better and so am I, so I'm keeping only one as the rest are all a symptom of my own self loathing (hmmmm, aren't they always!).

This year (and always) I'm going to try to bear in mind that Molly is learning constantly and scarily most of it is by our example. We were talking the other night about how quickly she picks up and copies our speach - her best and cutest at the moment is 'are you OK?' accompanied by a little pat on the back or whatever she can reach, or one of her many animal impressions, we're not talking Jonny Morris, but they're pretty damn good! - it kind of dawned on us that it's not just our speach she's copying, and for a second I'll be honest I got a bit freaked out.

So, all those bits of my personality that I really dislike (you know, worrying, insecurity, hyper sensitivity, that kind of thing) are NOT going to be passed onto Molly, please God! She is such a happy, contented and lively wee girl and I desperately want her to stay that way. I figure as long as I don't give her all my crappy little foibles and 'issues' she'll be fine. If she doesn't see me stressing and sweating all the stupid and insignificant stuff that I waste so much of my time on then maybe she won't! Keep your fingers crossed for us eh... you never know... can you say 'awesome responsibility'?... how about 'waaaaaaaaah!'.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your 'crappy little foibles and 'issues' ". If she grows up nearly as lovely as her Mummy , the world will be a better place. I always joke with Erez, that it will make for a lively conversation between Yonatan and his psychotherapist in another 20 years, whenever I lose it with him. We all worry about what we are passing on to our kids psychologically, but the truth of the matter is that please god they will probably grow up ok anyway.

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home