23 April 2007

8...9...10...lemon

Molly is having fun with numbers at the moment, so far we have - 1, 2, 4, 8, 9, 10, lemon, 12 (and an occasional tirteen), yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

How gorgeous is that?! I think she is still a little bit obsessed with lemons right now, as I said before we have had a fair few from our tree this year, and now she's trying to pick the little green ones every time we walk past the tree. But I was impressed that she even managed to work lemons into her counting... genius!

Today we went to Lollipops for the morning. After some intial trepidation - a little hiding behind my knees, sneaky peeking at all the other kids running riot - and with some gentle persuasion from Eva, she was off and bouncing. It was great.

She threw herself straight into the ballpit, (copying the other kids), the look on her face as she slowly sank into them was hysterical. Eventually she got the hang of 'staying afloat'. Next she hit the bouncy castle for some extensive bouncing and giggling. She must hvae been exhausted since every time her feet left the floor she yelled 'JRUMP!" at top volume.

She totally terrified me by trying (successfully) to get into the 'over fives' enclosure. I 'rescued' her (OK, rescued my own nerves) as she teetered across a beam raised 6 feet off the floor with only a safety net loosely underneath it to catch her. Oh my God! My heart was in my mouth!

A couple of turns on the merry-go-round, followed by a complete meltdown tantrum when she had to get off, signalled it was time to go. But we'll be back, we're having our coffee group second birthday party there next month, so times Molly by 8... God help them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home