19 March 2008

Bloody Katie Morag!

Don't get me wrong, I love that Molly is such a keen reader and I love when we get given books for her - they are a little bit pricey here in NZ that's for sure!

But this one book, (from her dear uncle and aunt in Scotland) is driving me slowly but surely insane!!!

Katie Morag has lots of great fun and adventures, with lots of very strange and hard to pronounce Scottish sounding places and exclamations in them. I'm thinking she likes this book purely because it makes Mummy and Daddy struggle so much and sound so weird when we read it to her.

Anyway, this photo was taken to celebrate the first time we managed to persuade her to read it to herself. Which she dutifully did, after finding her 'reading glasses' (just like Mummy, what an old duffer I am!). Isn't she just gorgeous? Our beautiful little bookworm. Long may it continue - but maybe with a bit more variety... now where's a good hiding place for bloody Katie Morag!

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Never heard of this Katie Morag. We must very lucky as Ella will read by herself a couple of times a day which I love but sadly for Pops all she thinks books are for is ripping and only sitting still for the first page. Has Molly had a hair cut?

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home