24 December 2005

Feeling Festive

I finally started to get ‘that festive feeling’ for the strangest reason and at the strangest time – for me that is! – after an afternoon lazing in the summer sunshine with two good friends, and our two adorable wee babes, and my hubby (just briefly, on his lunch break – well someone’s got to earn some money!), in Hagley Park. A most un-Christmassy activity for a Brit, but I left feeling full of ‘joy to the world’ and lots of ‘goodwill to men’. I don’t know why, no gifts were exchanged, no reminiscences about Christmas past were had, in fact no real talk of ‘the season’ at all, but Molly and I were full of it! As well as being laden down with fresh veges from said friends very own garden – thanks sweets, very yummy and much, much appreciated. Molly wolfed down that broccoli like it was going out of fashion!

So, inspired by my seasonal good mood I took Molly to see Santa at the mall (not Ballantyne’s, the queue was too huge but not as huge as the price?!). She was a little star and giggled and grinned the entire time. We have to scan the pictures in, but as soon as we have I’ll post them here.

I have to admit to a bad Mummy moment on Monday – the day we were supposed to see Santa at PlayCentre, well, we overslept! Oh well, we certainly needed it and I felt marginally better for it. Molly is sleeping like a newborn baby again, and I’d forgotten how hard it is to be up, 2, 3 and 4 times a night. Sunday night we had a mammoth 3 hours awake between 12 and 3am. It’s fairly safe to say Mummy was more like the living dead then human on Monday. This week has been more of the same really… thank goodness for a 4 day weekend with Daddy home to take some of the strain.

We’re trying all sorts of different foods to keep her sleeping, but nothing's working, because I don’t think she’s really hungry. My brother-in-law suggested yoghurt, (his wee girl, Maisie – who’s only a couple of weeks older then Moomy – sleeps through on a pot of yoghurt, well, not on it, you know what I mean!…) which she loves, but it doesn’t make her sleep. But you know we shouldn’t be surprised, both me and her Daddy were hyperactive kids who didn’t sleep well, so we shouldn’t have expected anything other then the energizer bunny that we have!

How did I manage to get this sidetracked from my ‘festive thoughts’? It’s amazing how lack of sleep messes with your head!

Merry Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home