07 August 2006

Bonjela, paracetamol... valium?

Well, it seems that Molly is finally going to have more then four teeth. Which is great, I was beginning to get concerned that this was it until her second set arrives (in about 5 years), but not so good for poor Moomy (or Mummy) right now, the way she's complaining I think she may be cutting the whole lot in one hit, I can see a couple more either side of her top front teeth and one either side at the bottom.

Poor little sausage doesn't know what she wants this morning, but is fairly sure whatever it is involves Mummy being inches from her at all times and supplying her fingers for biting as required. Although she's not fussy what she bites, the TV table, her baby doll, her bike handles, the cat... only kidding, and when nothing else is available she's biting her own tongue, which makes her cry and then we start all over again!

I'm not really complaining, it's just such a shock, she's normally such a happy wee thing, and I'm not exactly sure what to do with her when she's whiny like this. I've administered bonjela and paracetamol - which we never give her in the day (you see, she's really upset!), and she's gone off to sleep... for now... Now, where's that valium? ha ha!

PS as a ‘toothy’ comic aside. Whilst we were brushing our teeth this morning I was reminded about how careful I need to be with Molly now she is understanding more and more everyday. This morning she was standing at the sink with me as normal, waggling her toothbrush around and generally messing about, laughing at me brushing my teeth (it’s OK, I’m used to it!), and I said ‘stop laughing hun and copy Mummy’, with a mouthful of foam which I spat down the sink, two seconds later Molly spat on the floor…

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

You poor bugger, I soooo hear you, Ella has not slept through in three nights and wakes up screaming every four hours for Mummy's pamol tinnie house.

feckin teeth, she coped more than well without them.

And no sleep at all today, tonight will be grand.......oh dear

She also has bad breath!!! Is this normal have a whiff of Molly's.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home