01 August 2006

A week full of first times

So, this past week has been pretty eventful - and really busy.

We had our first 'official' PlayCentre session, we've only been casually before and I thought I'd lost our place for this term, but no. We had our introductory tour and talk, and I think I may have been talked into being Education Officer, but we need to talk about that one - sometimes it's not all good being buds with the Enrolment Officer!! There doesn't seem to be an awful lot too it and for Molly's sake I'd run the whole show, she had so much fun. She played in the sandpit for the first time and painted her first picture - well, three, she couldn't control her 'artistic urges' and worked on all three easels at once, very funny to watch. She ate quite a lot of the paint too, so by the time she'd finished she was coated from head to toe, lightly dusted with sand and wet from the waist down (playing in the water, not from her nappy!), and totally exhausted - she was asleep by the time we got home, and it's only about two minutes down the road. I think it's safe to say she LOVES it! and I do too, she slept for almost two hours and so did I - woo hoo!

She's growing so fast, the shoes we bought her on our return from the UK were sized 12-18 months. They' re too small for her already, so we went out and bought her her first pair of semi-rigid shoes. Not 'real' shoes as yet, we want to make sure she's walking really well before we make her wear proper shoes all the time. But she needs something on her feet for PlayCentre and what not, so here they are. How cute are they? She's very proud of her pink trainers and had to hold them herself until we got to the till to pay, and then all the way to the car too.

This week at our Rainbow music group Molly was really trying to do all the actions to the songs. This was hilarious to watch, by the time she'd worked out what to do she was several moves behind everyone else, but she soldiered on and enjoyed every minute of it. Considering it was only last term that she spent the entire time looking slightly confused and not really joining in at all this seems like a big step forward. She was clapping and laughing, playing her maracas and the tambourine and she even managed to work out how to play the castanets - she's very advanced you know, ha ha!

And the most momentous (for me), is that this evening, for the first time, Molly fell asleep with her bottle of milk, not me. It was great. I mean it should be great right? So why do I feel so very sad? This feels like a really, really big thing. OK, I'll admit there were more then a few tears (from me, not Moomy), but it's OK really. Hubby was supportive as he always is, but promised to remind me of this evening, when and if baby number two is as exhausting/demanding as Molly has been on ocassion. My baby... how quickly she's growing up... sob...

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Oh Honey, I so know what you mean that is why we are having another so close as I miss my baby and we intend to enjoy every gooey moment of Poppy.

I also felt somwhat redundant at Play center, as soon as we hit the door, it is Mummy who?

We hit the new Playcenter tomorrow and lets just see how their paints and dough taste.

We went to swimming yesterday it was great and I met some people I like, one of them was a pom from just outside London but I will not hold that against her!

Any more thought on the quilting co-op?

I have done lots of thinking, just no doing, story of my life
xxxx

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home