05 December 2006

My turn!

Just a quick entry so you don't think I've run off and deserted you all... sorry, you're still stuck with me!

Yeah, so this is the first time I've ventured towards the PC for a wee while, due to the fact that we've had a bit of a sickfest in our house just recently. Molly's been sick off and on for a couple of weeks, as has hubby (well, a couple of weeks back, but he's back up to speed now, just!), and I guess it was inevitable that it would catch up with me eventually, but crikey what a rude awakening!

I hadn't realised quite how run down I was. The doctor wouldn't let me leave the surgery to drive home without stopping for a supervised cup of tea and two glasses of water - I was just a little (read, massively) dehydrated you see. Which kind of explains the queasiness, blurred vision and wobbliness on standing - phew, thought I was pregnant again!!

After 48 hours in bed this weekend - something which I've been fantasising about since Moo was born, (unfortunately it sucked! I wasn't supposed to be sick, just lazy) I'm feeling much, much better. Water bottle at the ready, we can now attack the festive season with double gusto since we're way behind on packing, parcelling and sending, etc.

So, I promise not to be so slack in future. But really all Molly and I have wanted to do for over a week now is cuddle up and watch the Disney channel (Playhouse rocks!). Occassionally she'd have a little dance to the Wiggles (grrrrrrr), or a bit of a giggle to Mickey Mouse, but mostly just cuddles are good.

I knew she was feeling better when she walked over and turned the TV off and bought her Percy the Pig story book to me for the first time in days. OK time to get my a*#e back in gear.

Lesson number 409, just because bubs is sick doesn't mean you forgo meals and drinks to look after her - even if she is attached like a limpet shell 24/7. You can't be a good mummy if you're feeling like crap (direct quote from mr lovely doctor man).

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Why is it we have to be at deaths door and have some 'professional' tell us we are ill before we take any notice. I guess it is just validation we need to feel like we can have a break rather than our alter-ego Super Mum. I am glad you are much better you must have been blooming unwell to watch disney play house, any hint of you singing the crappy tunes(and enjoying them) and I will have to organise an intervention!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home