19 November 2006

This one's for you MAK!

Aren't these the cutest little summer shoes you've ever seen, OK maybe not as great as those new plastic monsters (Crocs... oh desert flower, we all thought it would be me, I'm amazed it's you, and yes they're comfy but... ha ha!).

Long story short, I had a day off on Friday. It was Show Day, hubby was off work and I was close to a meltdown. So for the first time in almost 18 months I went shopping, alone, no Molly, just me (waaah!) and I think the sun went to my head a little bit. A new pair of jeans, bra and some frivolous shoes and I feel much better, thanks.

The only problem is that I don't think I can wear them while Molly is awake, she's gone loony tunes for them - and yes, you know who you are, and yes, I do hold you fully responsible. If we ever needed proof that addictions are genetically inherited we have it. Molly is a total shoeaholic, (and I know she doesn't get it from me, I would quite happily still be wearing my Ugs if they weren't threatening to walk off on their own soon) and these are just too much for her to bear. They are pink, they are encrusted with cheap plastic jewels - one of her other passions - and therefore they are HERS, not Mummys, Mollys. Oh well, maybe she'll get bored of them... I probably will...

Before I sign off, I just want to let all you other Mums know that although this 'day out' was a real trial for me, (ridicously I know, but after this long, I really felt like I'd left a limb at home, I kept looking behind me in the car to check she was OK in her carseat and then having split second, momentary panics because she wasn't there! How stupid is that!) I absolutely will be doing this more often. Molly had a wonderful day with her Dad - he did too, with a new found appreciation for exactly how little you can get done with a toddler in the house, phew! - and with practise I'm sure I will too. The guilty pleasure of sitting in a cafe with a huge coffee, cake and magazine for half an hour was not wasted on me for one moment, little things... but how lovely.

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Bliss my love and man you have lovely legs, actual ankles, could you not get cankles? expect more hits on your blog honey now that you have shown a bit of leg!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home