23 October 2006

Finally...

We have another tooth! Woo hoo! This brings Mollys grand total too... wait for it... FIVE! not bad for 16 months growing eh!?! Bless her little heart, she'd been a bit whiny in the week, didn't enjoy her swim at all on Tuesday, (which is not like Molly) and I guess this explains it. I actually noticed it on Friday but didn't want to say anything for fear of frightening it away again, ha ha! As you can see, by Saturday she was feeling fairly confident in her new tooths chomping ability, we told her that maybe pine cones were not the best things to chew on, but what can you do...

I was hoping we would get a whole bunch all at once, just to get the teething over with, but it looks like we're going to get them one at a time. I'm not going to say I can see more coming (because I've been saying that for months and nothing happened), and since her lack of teeth certainly doesn't seem to be slowing her down at all - she's eating like a horse and growing like a weed, two horrible analogies for our beautiful girl - I am more then happy to not have a grizzler on my hands again.

Molly's new words this week include more, fish, a-choo (not really a word but you know what I mean) and mouse. I'm not sure if anyone other then hubby and I would understand, but that's OK. One of my friends is absolutely convinced that Molly says Hello Paula when she sees her, saying that I think Molly was only 6 or 7 months when another friend (sorely missed!) was equally convinced that she'd said Hiya Jody... but as we've always said she's very advanced you know, ha ha ha!

Her climbing ability continues to know no bounds, she can get herself into her high chair in about 5 seconds. She has started to move her little chair around the house to reach things too, this week she pushed it into the kitchen so she could have a look in the fridge, she didn't want anything, just to have a look, or maybe nothing took her fancy? I swear, I can't take my eyes off her for a second, and we don't have enough high shelves! The top of our wardrobe is looking like the safest place in the house right now - it works for the cat anyway!

2 Comments:

Blogger desert flower said...

Hang in there, I know only too well, the one painful little tooth at a time problem ! I am sure there are hidden away in their somewhere ! Maybe she is trying to keep you guessing or maybe just looking for a chance to have a good bite , when you put your fingers in to explore. She looks so grown up in this picture ! What a sweetie !

2:30 AM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

careful what you wish for, Smella went from six teeth before we left chch she now has 13.

thankfully I do not have a climber!

10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home