30 August 2006

Chaos ensues...

So, this is what our living room looks like after nine babies and seven mums get together for a cup of coffee and some cake!

It was our turn to host my coffee group (can't call it the 'ante-natal group' anymore, it sounds ridiculous now that one of our ladies has already had number two and two more of them are expecting again).

I'm so glad we've kept up these meetings, we do have a lot of laughs and the kids are all really good friends, and getting more and more hilarious to watch together. Tearing around like a bunch of headless chickens, and having a whale of a time. Molly spent about half an hour chasing and being chased by Sam, which they thought was sooo funny, at times they could hardly walk for laughing (very cute).

I've read so many quotes about child rearing, coping with tiny tots, that kind of thing. From doctors and authors, TV shrinks and celebrities alike, but the one that sticks with me and rings the truest after a day like today was from Johnny Depp, when asked what it was like being a father of several children under three he said 'it's like living in a houseful of miniature drunks'. I couldn't have said it better myself!

Molly is more often then not a very happy little drunk, a very 'I love you Mum, you're my best mate, give us a kiss' kind of drunk, and really lived up to her reputation today. Sam got a little bit upset (read distraught) when his Mum popped out to get something from the car. He stood at the french doors and screamed, Moomy toddled over to him and stroked his head until she came back in, oh she's such a good girl.

I need a lie down now... thank goodness it's only my turn to host every seven months or so...

2 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Oh my lord, not seeing very much smushed cake into your new carpet so I would say you winning mate!

Yes, Molly is a good girl and we are so very lucky. It sounds like both of you are having the time of your life. Enjoy, Enjoy!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

2:57 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

The joy of our new carpet is that there is in fact half a pack of cheetos and a couple of biscuits ground into it and you can hardly see... good choice eh?

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home