13 October 2006

All I want for Christmas

Is everything! Oh god, everywhere I look there is something I HAVE to buy for Moomy for Christmas. Now hubby and I solemnly promised each other before we even got pregnant that we would not, repeat not, spoil our child. We understand there are far more important things to give her then 'things'. Love, time, cuddles, attention, joy, you know all the good stuff, but she has all that already (hopefully)... so now I want to go wild with the $13 (last of the big spenders eh!) we have put aside for Christmas this year!

There is just so much cool stuff around, and now she's a wee bit older she needs different things from her toys (OK, maybe she doesn't need them, but it would be nice). So the list is ever increasing, and we still have three months to go yet!

So, aside from wanting to manically spend money on our daughter, I'm actually really proud of myself. This time last year I was whining that I couldn't get into the Christmas spirit, it was too hot and sunny to be thinking Christmas trees and twinkly lights, but this year it's all good. It's about 28 degrees here (in our living room, bit cooler outside 'cause the winds blowing quite hard), the sun is shining and I'm seriously thinking this weekend might be the one to get the paddling pool out. And yet I am still thinking about Christmas, I think I might have cracked it!

I think this is more to do with Molly then me, but if I'm this excited now what will I be like when it actually arrives - maybe I'll have gone past it by then? Or maybe I'm gonna be one of those mad women who wants to put the tree up in August and decorate the lawn with flashing reindeer and a couple of santas, oh hubby will love that! I've already had him 'baa humbugging', when I asked him to book a day off work to attend Molly's Christmas show for her music group, oh don't worry, he'll be there, if he knows what's good for him!!

PS the photo has nothing to do with anything, I just thought it was cute and today was the first day she's worn shorts, so summer must be here, woo hoo!

2 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Wahooo you know how much of a Christmas kid I am and besides one little thing we have to get out of the way before hand we are on the countdown get your baubles polished. I am gagging to be singing carols and you must go to Christmas in the park, I will really miss it.

Molly looks so tall and slim and the hair is really kicking in now, must be eating her vege!

3:59 PM  
Blogger Jules said...

I think it's just her dance pose, she has a great little tummy on her! her hair is gorgeous now, lots of curls, not too mullety.

We will definitely be going to the park this year, Molly will love it, just keep your fingers crossed for good weather, it's bloody miserable in the cold.

4:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home