12 October 2006

Hippy chicks

It's the start of term four and we're back to our full-on Molly schedule, activities practically every day - except Mondays and alternate Thursdays, book early to avoid disappontment, ha ha - and she loves it.

Today was our first day back at Playcentre and we did some tie-dying. It was great fun, I'll post a photo of Molly in her new 'hippy' t-shirt as soon as it's dry, it came out really well. You can imagine the mess we all got into. One of the other mums was completely freaking out, she thought that the dye would permanently (?) dye their little hands, she started to look a bit panicky as Molly thrust her arms up to her elbow into the bowl of green dye, I tried to make a joke about scouring her down with Ajax after every session... she just gave me a weird look, like 'ooh I don't think that's a good idea, no'... oh well, I'm anticipating a call from social services anyday now.

Anyway, I'm inspired, I've been searching the house for things we can tie-dye, and yes I know it's not exactly the 'in' look, but hey, you've all seen our house right? will it make too much difference? no, exactly. Watch out sofa throw, here I come, I have cold water dye and rubber bands and I'm not afraid to use them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home