22 January 2006

Is she teething?

Oh God, I don't know! I've been thinking she might be for a couple of months now, she's certainly showing all the 'symptoms'. But the last couple of nights have been awful, she's been a nightmare to put down, crying, arching her back and fighting me all the way - I told Kris just last night that it was like trying to feed a hyperactive baby monkey rather then our beautiful girl.

She's been waking a lot (even for Molly!) and staying awake for hours on end just whining at me. She's pink cheeked (although that could have been too much sun in the park yesterday - another bad mummy moment that reduced me to tears last night, although that also could have been brought on by exhaustion), pink bottomed and generally grumpy and cross, and I'm sure I felt something sharper then normal when I was feeding her on Friday. So, I'm thinking that they are definitely on they're way now... maybe.

So, is this what we have to look forward too for the next two years? Every time she's a little bit fractious, or a bit out of sorts we'll just blame it on the teeth and hope they come through nice and quickly. So many people have offered so much advice on teething that I'm afraid now I don't really know my a*#e from my elbow, and I guess we'll just play it by ear and see how she goes. At the moment she just wants to chew everything that comes within grabbing distance - toys, clothes, rugs, the cat, my foot (eugh!), my hair (yuck!) - and I think that helps, well, it certainly seems to up her saliva production, which is nice, ha ha!

At least it won't be constant right? Why can't they just all pop out within a week of each other? I could cope with one week of this but two years?!?! Oh my goodness, where's the Panadol, no, not for Molly, for me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home