02 February 2006

Family...

What a joy! My mum is here and its wonderful. I apologise for the lack of entries in my blog just recently, but we're having too much fun, chatting, playing with Molly and generally wasting hours and days just catching up - 7 months is a long time to miss someone, and Molly and I have been missing Mum/Nana big time!

So, she's been here a week and we've been travelling already. Last weekend we went West, to Punakaiki to visit the Pancake Rocks and the gorgeous coastline - fabulous. And then on to the Buller Gorge, so hubby and Mum could 'Superman' over the river. I had to hold the baby (phew!) and the swingbridge was quite enough for me, it's apparently the longest in NZ and it certainly did swing! We had the best time and the weather was great, but oh my God the sandflies... I'm still scratching now, thank goodness they didn't seem too keen on Moomer, she could have been eaten alive and consequently even more grumpy then she is now (still teething).

Molly was wonderful, such a good girl, considering this was really the first time we've taken her away (a weekend in Hanmer when she was tiny doesn't really count, she was still sleeping in her pram and so didn't really know any difference). She coped really well with the travelling, and even managed to sleep for a couple of 2 hours stretches on Sunday, which would amaze me at home, let alone in the car (with Nana in the back with her, which is just too exciting for her most of the time!).

And a good time was had by all. The pic is of us at the Pancake Rocks in Punakaiki, what an awesome place!

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Hey you, great to hear your are having a blast, How was swimming and how many lengths did Molly do? I bet she kicked ass.

Ella has a new tooth to show your next time we catch up.

I hope you are well I am off to make relish

2:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home