18 February 2006

'Just remember...


that you're standing on a planet that's evolving & revolving at 9 hundred miles an hour...'

OK, that should help, I thought if I wrote it down I might be able to get this bloody song out of my head! Since watching 'The Meaning of Life' last weekend it's been stuck there and nothing, not even three days of Molly screaming has shifted it so far, so on the advice of a psychologist friend of mine (very handy!) I'm writing it down and expelling it from my brain.

'Our galaxy itself contains a hundred billion stars. It's a hundred thousand light years side to side...'

So, after reading Domestic Goddesses comments on my last entry, I realised that I seem to have forgotten to inform you all that our little cherub is crawling, and unfortunately seems keen on the whole walking thing too, pulling herself up on anything that isn't moving and taking every opportunity to walk once supported by either myself, Daddy or Nana. Oh My God! I wasn't ready for this, and certainly not as rapidly as she seems to be taking to it!!

'The universe itself keeps on expanding and expanding. In all of the directions it can whizz...'

The week before Mum arrived she'd been doing some serious rocking and on one occasion took a couple of 'arm steps' towards the cat but then feel on her face and seemed to put herself off. Then Mum arrived and she started to move her arms and bunny hop her legs up to meet them, which was pretty slow going (excellent, we thought!). And then, seemingly overnight, she was off, legs and arms going in unison, terrifying the cat - and me - and going through the house like a little rocket. Nothing at ground level was safe... and now she's up to knee level already! There's no hiding the remote control on the couch anymore, she's up and grabbing at everything. As a friend of ours so eloquently put it 'they're rooted now!'.

'So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure, How amazingly unlikely is your birth'

So, this weekend we will be mostly child-proofing our house. The saw can no longer live in the cupboard under the sink and the circular saw will really have to go out to the garage (finally!). Next step, new carpets. Woo hoo!

'And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space, 'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth.'

2 Comments:

Blogger Jules said...

Good luck! It's tough, but being a mum is the best job I've ever had and Molly is my pride and joy. Your's will be too!

5:55 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Who is that big girl!

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home