13 March 2006

Broody? Moi?

No, not really, but talk about a rush of hormones when I held the newest arrival in the harbour!

Our friends, finally, delivered a beautiful wee baby boy, Elliot Matthew, 8lb 4oz of cuteness!, on Saturday morning at 2.15am. After 2 days of labouring - on and off - and a couple of weeks of high tension, he turned into position and came into the world 2 weeks early. And no, I'm not really feeling broody, but goodness he is the sweetest little thing.

It's bizarre, he's bigger then Molly was when she was born but I really can't remember her ever feeling so tiny in my arms. After holding Elliot, Molly felt like an absolute giant in my arms, and yes, I know she's big for her age, but still...

So, a new baby, it's so exciting! And we felt so involved this time, it was great. We were honoured to be trusted enough to look after their daughter, Eva, while the birth took place (she's a braver girl then me, and decided to labour and birth at home!).

She was an absolute joy, and really no trouble at all, and who wouldn't want to spend a couple of nights watching the Disney channel and eating chippies eh? Not, I'll admit, great parenting, but it worked! She eventually fell asleep in my arms. Molly loved having her here, she was having so much fun I thought we'd be in trouble when she eventually went home.

But, it certainly bought home to me that two children is a whole different ballgame! Without Mum here to help out I think we would have had a very much tougher few days. I really don't know when we'll be ready to do it again, but am also conscious of time getting away from us and that if we don't do it soon we may have the choice taken out of our hands. Saying that, our new mum has a few years on me and her babies are just perfect so no great panic eh! Phew!

I must visit again, and get her to tell me the 'real' birth story, maybe that will make me reconsider number two for a little while at least!

3 Comments:

Blogger desert flower said...

Birth story are definitely a great form of contraception ! On the other hand that broodiness is a strong force of nature sometimes, no use fighting it girlie, you're hooked!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

oh how lovely also great you had a positive experience on looking after another child so number two may not br too far away!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

Will you two stop it!! No more babies until this one sleeps at least 5 hours in a row (see, I'm not even asking for 'through the night anymore', I'm realistic if nothing else)!

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home