17 September 2006

Again Again!

I am soooo tired! It's been a blooming long weekend. They usually fly by far too quickly, but thanks to our knackered old plumbing and even more creaky old drains we've been practically 'fatherless' for the entire time.

I didn't realise how much I look forward to a little bit of 'time off' (ha!) or at least assisted madness with hubby home for two whole days. Oh well, we'll have to make him pay next weekend - 'cause I don't think that being up to your armpits in goodness knows what is enough, ha ha!

So, I'm begining to rue the day that Molly learned to say and more importantly the meaning of 'again'. My arms feel like they are on fire from the ludicrous amounts of jumping we've done today, add to that the aches in my thighs from 'horsey riding' on my ankles, and I'm feeling very old this evening.

But, the good weather has been an absolute godsend. We are out and about so much it's been great. This afternoon Molly and I went for a stroll up to the paddock that's about 100 yards from our house. We managed to complete this 'trek' in approximately 30 minutes! Well, she had to examine and sniff at every flower, stone, leaf and rock that we passed and then we had to stop and point at a black lab that just moved in up the street. Poor thing looked completely non-plussed to see a strange small person, crouching down, pointing and ooohing at him, she would have happily toddled straight up for a cuddle had I not grabbed her in time. I don't know what's for the best, I don't want her to be scared of dogs, but you can't be too careful can you?

Again (it's catching), I'm reminded of how blessed we are. Molly is a joy at the moment, she's happy and chatty and bubbling with interest in everything. Even a walk to the end of the street is so much fun, oh to be so easily pleased. But you know sometimes her enthusiasm for everything is contagious!

1 Comments:

Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

Again Again Huh??
Tired, sore bits and seeing beauty in everthing...........Feeling broody as well are we??????

Hmnnnnnn

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home