17 March 2006

I really hate Airports!

OK, I knew it was inevitable. Mum had to go home eventually, but even with her extended stay this time, it was awful letting her go. It's one of the worst things about living so far away from our families, the visits are wonderful but since Molly arrived the partings are getting worse and worse. I know I've said it before, but she really makes me appreciate family so much more.

I've never been a great fan of airports anyway, since hubby spent a year working in Germany they've been a constant source of bad memories and lots of tears. The occassional holiday has been great, but I still get that nervous, anxious and upset feeling in my stomach as soon as we get to the carpark. But hey, if I want visitors I have to put up with the sorry fact that they will all go home in the end... bugger.

The light at the end of the tunnel is that we have finally booked our flights back to the UK! Woo hoo! I wanted to have it done by the time Mum left us, and it is. So we're off the first week of June. Molly will get to meet her Great Grandad and Grandma, and all her cousins and aunties and uncles from Scotland and Dorset, how exciting!!

By the time we get there I think Molly will be unrecognisable to my Mum again, even more so to Kris' folks, the last time they saw her in person she was only three months old and now she's almost walking - well, you know cruising around the furniture - what a difference a few months makes.

I just hope her Auntie Kerry can contain herself until then, the way she's talking about it now I'm imagining her camping out at Heathrow to wait for us, bless her. It's been almost three years since we were there, that's an awful long time. I can't wait to see everyone.

Maybe next time the airport won't seem so daunting, ha! as we embark on 24 hours of air travel with a one year old! Nah, should be fine!

3 Comments:

Blogger desert flower said...

Airports are the pits !

7:49 PM  
Blogger Domestic Goddess said...

The time will just whizz by, how exciting, we can only but imagine what devilish antics our girls will entertain us with until then.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jules said...

I shudder at the thought!! ha ha! but yeah you're right, time will fly cause.

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home